Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Television Update...

I figure since I claim to be a fan of television in my blog header I should devote a blog to it.  Here's what I've been watching lately, and what I'm looking forward to...

Currently Watching:

Curb --     I love this show so much that I'm willing to publicly out myself as a douche and call it "Curb".  This season has been excellent.  Larry is totally divorced from Cheryl and it seems to have unleashed a fierce comedic creativity into the show.  The latest episode, which was shot in NYC, was great.  Seeing Larry and Jeff drive around in a old Volvo with a periscope was awesome.  And I laughed out loud (lol) last week when Leon showed up in Larry's hotel room, threw open the drapes, and asked "What's up New York?!!!"  I also find it refreshing that there seems to be no ongoing theme, unless you count going to NY as a theme.  Sad there's only two eps left, guys.

Breaking Bad--       I won't say much because this is one of those shows everyone will catch up on at some point.  This season seems to be better than the previous three for some reason.  It seems like they're going all out with the camera angles, lack of dialogue, mood, tension, suspense, all that shit.  Can't wait to see where it's heading.  Each week makes me more nervous about where it's going.

The Glades---     This show isn't the greatest, but it involves a detective solving a murder every week and I like that stuff.  And it's set and filmed in South Florida, which I appreciate.  I have a crush on the lead actress on this show.  She played Bullock's girlfriend in The Perfect Getaway.  Each week the murder is pretty well crafted and it's fun to try and figure out whodunnit.

Entourage---     I hate this show, yet I've seen every episode.  So glad it's almost over and I can be done with these assholes forever.  Or, at least, until they make a movie.  Dice Clay has been involved in the storyline this season.  I can't stand him.  I hate this show, yet I can't quit it.  The only thing that will save this show, in my opinion, is if Sloan whips out those funbags.  Nips and all.  Preferably while wearing pegged blue jeans and high heels.

That's about it, I think.  Not much on right now.  However, a new tv season is around the corner and it's full of watchable stuff...

Parks and Recreation
The Office
Community
Criminal Minds
Bored to Death
Mad Men
Boardwalk Empire
Modern Family
Monday Night Football
Sons of Anarchy
Parenthood
The Good Wife


Those are just the returning shows.  There's also a whole slew of new stuff that I'll be trying out once they premiere.  Until then...


paulsen

No comments:

Post a Comment