Saturday, September 18, 2010

New Heads...

I've been working on a new line of heads.  Plaster inspired me to put my little flowers that I like making so much in the eye sockets of my heads.  So I gave it a shot and I liked the results.  Here's the first one, and by being the first head in a new series this head will enjoy the status as a never-for-sale piece.  It's mine all mine.  So far I've made six of them.  They are all taking on a Day of the Dead kind of vibe.  Here's number one...




And speaking of Plaster,  she was kind enough to let me make some head portraits of she and her husband...





In exchange, she was kind enough to paint a topless portrait of my favorite local newscaster....


For some reason I couldn't find the picture of it.  I'll need to make a mental note to document that painting.  In the mean time I found this picture, which happens to be my favorite painting.  Paul Gauguin's 'Woman with a Flower'...


No comments:

Post a Comment